Innovative research and public policy recommendations
Metropolitan Research Institute (MRI) is an internationally and nationally recognized scientific think-tank, founded in 1989 and based in Budapest. Its work is dedicated to housing, social problems and urban development.
Economic and social aspects of housing
• Examination of housing affordability, utility and mortgage arrears and housing poverty.
• Elaborating local and central housing policy concepts.
• Elaboration of the models of Social Rental Agency and Rental Cooperatives.
• Financial and social conditions of energy efficient building renovations.
Urban development with an integrated approach
• Participation in the coordination of the knowledge exchange network of European Cities (URBACT).
• Elaboration of Integrated Municipal/Local/ Urban Development Plans
• Elaboration of feasibility studies for urban social rehabilitations.
• Research and elaboration of innovative solutions for urban development and management
Poverty and exclusion
• Analysing social exclusion and conflicts, elaboration of policy proposals.
• Analysing Roma integration problems, developing related policy proposals.
• Participation at the scientific work of FEANTSA, the only European NGO focusing exclusively on the fight against homelessness. We also do research in the national context of homelessness, housing poverty and the welfare system.